Sealed Crawl Space - Raleigh, Cary, Fuquay-Varina
The crawl space beneath your home or office is the source of approximately 60% of the air you breathe inside which can be especially concerning to those who suffer with asthma and allergies.
Sealing your crawl space will remove existing mold and prevent future mold growth.
Benefits of a Sealed Crawl Space (Crawl Space Encapsulation)
- Improved indoor air quality, improved health of your building
- Greater energy efficiency and lower utility bills
Sealed Crawl spaces are recommended for homes and businesses that
- Are in areas with a high water table or high humidity
- Have demonstrated a history of past crawl space mold
- Building where landscaping inhibits natural air flow through existing vents leading to mold growth
- Building with a history of ‘sick building’ syndrome
Sealing a Crawl Space involves the following process
- A strong vapor barrier stretched across the interior footprint of the foundation, wall to wall and up the peers
- Foam board is used to seal vapor barrier around walls and peers
- Fiber glass insulation is removed and replaced
- Existing mold on wood surfaces is encapsulated on wood surfaces with inhibiting agent
- Foundation vents are sealed to create an air tight environment
- A dehumidifier and drain are installed and sealed
- Clean air is pumped in to create positive air pressure in the crawl space
Consider us your crawl space specialists! Contact us to learn more about the benefits, the process and a FREE ESTIMATE of cost of sealing your crawl space at 919-832-8151 or reach Atlantic Corp. by email.